ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
EE6201 CIRCUIT THEORY
REGULATION - 2013
SECOND SEMESTER ECE SYLLABUSUNIT I BASIC CIRCUITS ANALYSIS
Ohm’s Law – Kirchoffs laws – DC and AC Circuits – Resistors in series and parallel circuits – Mesh current and node voltage method of analysis for D.C and A.C. circuits – Phasor Diagram - Power, Power Factor and Energy
UNIT II : NETWORK REDUCTION AND NETWORK THEOREMS FOR DC AND
Network reduction: voltage and current division, source transformation – star delta conversion.
Thevenins and Novton & Theorem – Superposition Theorem – Maximum power transfer theorem – Reciprocity Theorem.
UNIT III RESONANCE AND COUPLED CIRCUITS
Series and paralled resonance – their frequency response – Quality factor and Bandwidth - Self and mutual inductance – Coefficient of coupling – Tuned circuits – Single tuned circuits.
UNIT IV TRANSIENT RESPONSE FOR DC CIRCUITS
Transient response of RL, RC and RLC Circuits using Laplace transform for DC input and A.C. with sinusoidal input – Characterization of two port networks in terms of Z,Y and h parameters.
UNIT V THREE PHASE CIRCUITS
Three phase balanced / unbalanced voltage sources – analysis of three phase 3-wire and 4-wire circuits with star and delta connected loads, balanced & un balanced – phasor diagram of voltages and currents – power and power factor measurements in three phase circuits.
TOTAL: 60 PERIODS
1. William H. Hayt Jr, Jack E. Kemmerly and Steven M. Durbin, “Engineering Circuits Analysis”, Tata McGraw Hill publishers, 6th edition, New Delhi, 2003.
2. Joseph A. Edminister, Mahmood Nahri, “Electric circuits”, Schaum’s series,
Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2001.
1. Paranjothi SR, “Electric Circuits Analysis,” New Age International Ltd., New Delhi, (1996).
2. Sudhakar A and Shyam Mohan SP, “Circuits and Network Analysis and Synthesis”,Tata McGraw Hill, (2007).
3. Chakrabati A, “Circuits Theory (Analysis and synthesis), Dhanpath Rai & Sons, New Delhi, (1999).
4. Charles K. Alexander, Mathew N.O. Sadiku, “Fundamentals of Electric Circuits”, Second Edition, McGraw Hill, (2003).